Let's Connect!
21-Day Relationship Challenge

FAQ > Fees & Payments > Do you have a sliding-fee scale?

Search the FAQ for entries containing:

Sorry, I do not offer a sliding-fee scale for my services.  

If money is tight, we could see each other every other week.  If that option is not workable, I suggest you do one of the following:

1. Seek an insurance contracted therapist. If you have either a PPO or HMO health insurance policy, call your insurance company for a provider list in your area. Providers on this list have signed a contract agreeing to be paid less per session in order recieve referrals from the insurance company.  As a result, you pay less.

2. Call around.  Other therapists may have different rates than I do -- some charge more and some charge less. This could be because of therapist education, experience, license, certification, or expertise.  Be sure the therapist you choose is not just cheap, but meets your requirements as well.

3. Seek services from a community or training clinic. Community or Training Clinics are usually able to provide services to individuals at very low fees in exchange you see therapists who are either paid by county contracts, grants, or are working for free because they are students in a local university counseling program.

4. Seek services from a county clinic.  In addition to free-standing community or training clinics, most counties offer mental health services at very low or no cost for those that financially qualify.  To find a clinic near you in Los Angeles County, call the Access to L.A. County Mental Health line at (800) 854-7771.  The line is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week.

Last updated on February 8, 2013 by Gregory L. Cason, Ph.D.